Fluids such as engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze, and power steering fluid are very important to inspect and service on a regular basis. Matlock Tire Service & Auto Repair is your source for quick affordable oil changes and automotive lubrication services.
What they do: Fluids including engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant, and power steering fluid ensure that vital parts of your car are oiled and working as intended. Engine oil is necessary for the overall lubrication of your engine and components, and need to be inspected and replaced routinely. Transmission fluid keeps your transmission running efficiently and devoid of slipping. Brake fluid assists the braking system by moving fluid into the calipers to compress the brakes. Antifreeze and coolant assistance keep your engine from overheating as a result of burning, and the lines from freezing in lower temperatures. Finally, power steering fluid helps in the power steering function of your car.
Why service is essential: In order to operate effectively, fluids need to be kept full and clean from particles. Each of your fluids should be checked and changed at routine periods to keep them from burning, depleting, or from gathering debris. Understanding how to inspect your fluids is essential, but executing proper maintenance and fluid changes could expand the life of your automobile.
If you notice your vehicle leaking fluids, here are a couple of ways to determine exactly what those cracks might be:
- Radiator Fluid is brilliant green and very slippery. It should be checked regularly
- Antifreeze, or coolant, can be pink or green and is unsafe to your pets. Consuming this fluid creates a major health risk to pets. Antifreeze should be checked with every oil change
- Brake Fluid is a light yellow and can transform to a foggy brownish color scheme when mixed with water. You need to have this fluid inspected each year to make ensure brake safety
- Power steering Fluid has a yellow tint, it should be inspected with each oil change
- Automatic Transmission fluid has a deep-seated red shade. It has a sharp smell and is thick in texture and should be changed about every 30,000 miles. A shortage of transmission fluid may trigger a transmission to stick or slide
- Windshield Washer fluid could be any kind of assortment of colors from brilliant turquoise, orange, pink or yellow. It has the consistency of water and may smell somewhat sweet. It ought to be topped off on a regular basis
- Motor Oil can be bright or dark brownish depending on exactly how often you change it. Regularly changed motor oil will certainly be light brown, while old motor oil will certainly be a darker tone. You need to have your motor oil changed every 3000-5000 miles
- Gasoline has a golden hue, yet you may recognize its really distinct smell. It is highly flammable, so avoid any type of open fires: lighters, matches, cigarettes, etc.
Bring your automobile in to ensure your automobile’s fluids are:
- Filled to the appropriate level
- Clean and free of particles
- Flushed and changed as needed
Matlock Tire Service & Auto Repair services automotive fluids
Remember to schedule your regular maintenance on oil changes and coolant flushes with us to keep your vehicle at its peak performance. Call Matlock Tire Service & Auto Repair soon to book your next fluid inspection!